Assistant City Manager
City of Dunwoody
The City of Dunwoody is currently accepting applications for Assistant City Manager.
This position is responsible for assisting the City Manager with administrative, managerial, and day-to-day operational duties as assigned by the City Manager. Responsibilities include coordinating and directing the activities and operations of all departments; overseeing and directing assigned programs and functions of the City; and, coordinating activities with City officials, departments, outside agencies, organizations, and the public. The incumbent works on special projects as directed by the City Manager. Duties are performed under the general supervision of the City Manager. All authority and autonomy inherent in this position is at the discretion of and delegated by the City Manager. The Assistant City Manager may act for the City Manager in his/her absence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assumes the duties of and represents the City Manager in his absence or when directed by the City Manager.
• Provides direct assistance to the City Manager in any and all facets of operation.
• Assists in directing, coordinating, and implementing the City’s goals, objectives, and priorities. Assists the City Manager in planning, coordinating, analyzing, implementing, and managing City programs and policies; may coordinate with Department Heads to develop strategic plans to obtain desired objectives.
• Acts as liaison in coordination between the City Manager and other departments, as directed or as needed to implement assigned projects.
• Assists in formulating and implementing City administrative policies and procedures.
• Plans, coordinates, directs and implements special projects and programs for the City; develops and reviews ongoing special programs and makes decisions concerning implementation of new ideas and concepts. Work often includes development of a project plan and a project schedule, research of alternatives, cost-benefit analysis, and the development of project implementation feasibility documents. Provides reports on progress of assigned projects, as well as on key measures maintained by the City Manager.
• Assists in developing agenda items, background material, and presentations for City Council, including but not limited to assisting the City Manager with his/her presentations.
• Attends and makes presentations at City Council meetings and other City-related meetings, as required. Interacts directly with and acts as a liaison to City Council members, and serves as a liaison to various committees and organizations.
• Assists the City Manager in the preparation, coordination, review and presentation of the City’s annual operating and capital improvement budgets, including coordination with Finance Department staff.
• Responds to complaints and/or inquiries on behalf of the City Manager after thorough research and investigation.
• Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with city, county, state and federal representatives. Manages intergovernmental relationships with other cities.
• Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
a) Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Administration or a related field from an accredited college or university. Master of Public Administration Degree preferred.
b) Seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in municipal government administration.
c) An equivalent combination of education and experience may be acceptable.
Salary: $103,915 - $171,460
• 100% City-Paid Employee Medical Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Dental Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Life/AD&D Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Employee Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
• 100% City-Paid Wellness Program
• Vision Insurance
• Retirement Savings Plans
• Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
• Education Assistance
• Fitness Center Membership
• Vacation Leave, Holidays, and Sick Leave
For consideration, please send your completed application for employment and resume to email@example.com or mail them to:
City of Dunwoody
Human Resources Department
4800 Ashford Dunwoody Road
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Only candidates that meet all the minimum requirements above will be considered. The City of Dunwoody has been certified as a Drug-Free Workplace by the State Board of Workers’ Compensation. All job applicants for the City must undergo testing for the presence of illegal drugs as a condition of employment.
Date Posted: 03-18-2019
Expire Date: 06-06-2019
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents: City Hall Application for Employment |