- City Manager
- City Clerk
- City Attorney
- Applicable Codes
- Code Compliance
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tree Regulations
- Planning and Zoning
- Economic Development
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Parks and Recreation
- Public Works
Commercial and Multi-Family Residential
If your project is located in a commercial or multi-family zoning district or is a commercial use in any zoning district, the following items will be required for review and approval of your permit.
- Completed Construction Permit Application
- Upload one set of drawings in PDF format, no larger than 50 MB, stamped and signed by a Design Professional (required by O.C.G.A. § 43-4-16 )
- Upload site plan for any new structures and additions to existing structures
- Upload general contractor's license, business license, and government issued photo ID of contractor if submitting with Dunwoody for the first time.
- If you are submitting licenses on behalf of another individual, you will also need to upload a completed Authorized Permit Agent Form
All commercial and multi-family residential projects require plan review by the city. Depending on the elements of your project, it may also require review by DeKalb County (for elements such as water, sewer, health, or life safety). If you require review by DeKalb County, the city will provide you a routing sheet and directions to DeKalb County’s offices. Once your project has been approved by any required DeKalb County departments, you will need to upload the approval sheets to your permit online.
We will email or call to let you know when the city’s plan review is finished. Once plans have been approved, you may pay your fees by Visa or MasterCard online or at City Hall, or by check or cash at City Hall. The city will issue a permit for your project and provide your approved plans. To estimate your fees, you can review the Fee Schedule page.