The Sustainability Committee recommends sustainable policies and procedures to reduce the environmental footprint of the city while also providing public education and outreach on sustainability issues.
Mission Statement: Enable smart choices for our community and its residents by promoting, through education, outreach, and awareness efforts, the conservation of energy, water, and fuel; investment in renewable energy; reduction of waste; and protecting and restoring the community’s natural resources. To advise and assist the City of Dunwoody to develop sustainable measures, practices, buildings, and fleets that are environmentally, economically, and socially responsible.
The Sustainability Committee meets the second Thursday of every month at 7:45 a.m. in the City Manager's Conference Room.
The committee has 7 members, each serving 3-year terms.
- Michael Cowan– Term expires 12/31/18
- Debbie Gordon – Term expires 12/31/17
- Dana McClure – Term expires 12/31/18
- Jason Metzger – Term expires 12/31/18
- Billy Parrish – Term expires 12/31/18
- Kevin Sok, Chair – Term expires 12/31/17
- Megan Weiland, Vice Chair – Term expires 12/31/17