Skip Navigation LinksHome | Project Details

Departments

Projects

Skip Navigation LinksProject Details

3/13/2014CAD-to-CAD Interface Project

CAD-to-CAD Interface Project

 

On October 3, 2011, the City of Dunwoody joined the cities of Sandy Springs and Johns Creek in their joint 9-1-1 center known as Chattahoochee River 9-1-1 Authority or ChatComm.

ChatComm is a state of the art and accredited E911 center providing exceptional service to Sandy Springs,Johns Creek, and Dunwoody. Dunwoody’s intergovernmental agreement with ChatComm includes performance standards to answer 90% of all 9-1-1 calls within 10 seconds and 90% of all calls will be processed for dispatch or transfer within 60 seconds.  Since Dunwoody joined ChatComm they have met or exceeded these two performance standards every month.


 

Building Better Connections

The City of Dunwoody is continuously seeking to provide the highest level of service and safety for all police, fire, and emergency medical calls.  Since the transition to ChatComm in 2011, the average dispatch time for police service call has been reduced by approximately 50% to an average of 2 minutes and 13 seconds. DeKalb continues to provide fire and emergency medical services to the City including the dispatching of those services. Fire and emergency medical service calls are currently transferred to DeKalb using the industry standard, one-button transfer.

While Dunwoody continues to meet the industry standard for 9-1-1 call response, the city is dedicated to providing the best services possible to residents, businesses, and visitors.

Because of this, the city is working to develop an interface that will allow the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) systems for DeKalb County and ChatComm to communicate directly and eliminate the one-button transfer. The CAD-to-CAD interface will allow call information for fire and emergency medial calls to be electronically transferred to DeKalb County for dispatch.

 

Where We Are Today

The city is working with the providers of the CAD software on a daily basis. DeKalb County and ChatComm utilize different Computer Aided Dispatch systems and the custom interface had to be created to allow the two proprietary systems to “talk” to each other. 

07-14-14 Update in CAD-to-CAD Interface Project


 

Chattahoochee River 9-1-1 Authority

ChatComm answers between 500-600 calls daily. For the City of Dunwoody, 90% of the calls are police service calls and the remaining 10% of call are for fire or emergency medical services.

All ChatComm dispatchers go through several months of training and are certified in Georgia as Emergency Dispatching Operators. Telecommunicators are also certified in Emergency Medical Dispatching, which allows them to give 9-1-1 callers medical emergency, pre-arrival instructions. ChatComm utilizes the AT&T Language Line in order to provide services to all citizens including non-English speaking citizens.

All Dunwoody police vehicles are equipped with Automatic Vehicle Location devices, which allow ChatComm to dispatch the closest available unit to incidents. Dunwoody Police Officers all have mobile computers in their vehicles, which in turn allows dispatchers to share all incident data directly from the Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system.

ChatComm continuously monitors local weather and provides a variety of services to Dunwoody, Sandy Springs, and Johns Creek. These include public relations staff for 9-1-1 caller education, civilian police academies, and other community service events.




 


To learn more about 911 and emergency communication services click here!

 

-Listen to ChatComm traffic at RadioReference.com


  


  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • DZone It!
  • Digg It!
  • StumbleUpon
  • Technorati
  • Del.icio.us
  • NewsVine
  • Reddit
  • Blinklist
  • Add diigo bookmark