7/10/2014Brook Run Multi-Use Trail
Brook Run Multi-Use Trail
Phase II of the Brook Run Multi-Use Trail is nearing completion to create a 2 mile loop around the park. Connectivity will soon be provide between this Section of Trail to the planned section at Pernoshal Park and newly constructed section at Georgetown Park.
The full loop around Brook Run Park is shown below.
Multi-use trails are linear open spaces established along a natural
corridors, converted to a recreational use for pedestrian and bicycle
BENEFITS OF MULTI-USE TRAILS
- Multi-use trails have many benefits for nearby residents, visitors, and area businesses.
- Increasing connectivity and linkages between parks, neighborhoods, and area businesses
- Promoting healthy living - providing options for physical activity such as walking, running, and biking
- Protecting and preserving the natural environment - by controlling access to a designated path
- Increasing property values for adjacent residences and businesses due to added connectivity benefits
- Attracting active users, visitors, and participants who often frequent nearby businesses
- Improving community engagement by fulfilling plans and visions created by the community
Brook Run Multi-Use Trail Q&A
Multi-Use Trail Handout
Parks Master Plan
Learn more about this and other multi-use trails by following us on Pinterest!