JUST YELL FIRE™ TRAINING FOR GIRLS 11 & OLDER
Date: June 4, 2013
Time: 6:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
Location: Wren's Cross Condominiums Clubhouse
4400 Chowning Way
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Cost: $50 first child/ $35 siblings
ABOUT JUST YELL FIRE™ TRAINING FOR GIRLS 11 AND OLDER
Teen girls are the group at highest risk of violence from strangers; and one in four teen girls can expect to be raped by a dating partner or acquaintance before she turns 22. If your daughter were faced with a dangerous situation, would she have the skills and knowledge to escape? Revved Up Kids is pleased to present our single-session Just Yell Fire™ teen self-defense course for girls age 11 and older.
Participants will be taught using the award-winning Just Yell Fire™ program (www.justyellfire.org). Certified Instructor Allison Neal, Co-Founder of Revved Up Kids, LLC, will lead the girls through a frank and informative discussion about taking ownership of their personal safety. The class includes the following:
- An overview of the dangers that teen girls face
- Video based scenario training that shows girls the right and wrong responses to different dangerous situations
- Training in the "Not Me" system of self-defense
- Instruction in and practice of simple physical self-defense tactics that can be used to injure and escape an attacker
- Group discussion and skills practice
- A copy of the Just Yell Fire training video for each family (available in hard copy or web download)
- Take home reference materials to reinforce learning after the class
This class opens girls' eyes to the dangerous world they live in; and gives them the tools they need to stay safe. Girls are not required to be chaperoned; but there is a lot of valuable information that pertains to women of all ages, and we welcome moms to attend at no charge. More details, along with FAQ, can be found on the Revved Up Kids Website.