Dunwoody Preservation Celebration
There will be something for everyone at this community event including:
· Guided tours of the grounds
· Self-guided tours of the house
· Games and activities for children and adults including: corn hole, horseshoes, a petting farm, 3-legged-races
· A deejay to provide musical entertainment
· Barbecue and more provided by a local chapter of the Knights of Columbus and Boy Scout Troop #477
A very successful cake auction returns for this event and will include
pies as well as cakes. The live auction begins in the early afternoon.
Anyone interested in donating a cake or pie for the auction are asked
to call 678-641-1186.
All proceeds and donations from the event will go to the restoration of the Donaldson-Bannister farmhouse and property.
Handicap parking will be available on-site and golf cart rides offered
to assist citizens from this area of parking to the house. Parking
will also be available on nearby side streets and at the nearby Dunwoody
Place North Condominium Association complex at Independence Square
(corner of Chamblee-Dunwoody Road and Peeler Road). Parking is
discouraged along Vermack Road.
Attendees are encouraged to bring blankets and chairs; no coolers or
pets are allowed. Volunteers are still needed and those interested can
contact Bonnie at 770-671-0863. For more information about the event,
visit www.dunwoodypreservationtrust.org or call 404-512-2400.