Dunwoody's Department of Public Works is responsible for the management, development, safety, and maintenance of the City's roadways, parks, and stormwater systems. Its staff provides:
- Roadway, Traffic Signal, and Road Sign Maintenance
- Parks Maintenance
- Stormwater Infrastructure Maintenance
- Traffic Engineering and Traffic Calming
- Transportation Engineering Improvement Projects
The Public Works Department is committed to providing high quality and responsive service to the residents and business owners of Dunwoody. The On Call and Maintenance staff strives to respond to citizen and community requests in a professional and timely manner. They address issues and concerns such as:
- We fill pot holes, repave roadways, and repaint traffic lane lines.
- We install and replace signs that are faded or damaged.
- We replace burned out traffic signal bulbs and correct signal timing issues to keep traffic flowing smoothly.
- We maintain the City's rights-of-way by mowing grass and removing trash and debris;
- We install sidewalks, crosswalks, and bike lanes to provide interconnectivity and encourage walking and biking;
- We work closely with the Georgia Department of Transportation, the Atlanta Regional Commission, and DeKalb County Public Works Transportation Division to provide an effective transportation system.
See also: What We Do, Parks and Recreation, & FAQ's
Public Works Service Requests:
- The most effective way to report an issue is through out Automated Reporting System online - See Click Fix.com
- During normal business hours (Monday through Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm) - Call 678.382.6850
- After hours Emergency - Call 678.382.6700 and Press “2”
See also: Report a Problem
DeKalb County is responsible for all other local services and utilities, including water and sanitary sewer connections and emergencies, waste removal, and animal control. Please contact the County directly for service requests and information.
DeKalb County Services
| ||Dekalb County Watershed Management: |
| ||Water and Sewer - 24 Hour Emergency ||770.270.6243 |
|Water and Sanitary Sewer Services ||770.621.7200 |
|Dekalb County Sanitation Services: |
| ||Trash Removal Service ||404.294.2900 |
|Dead Animal Removal ||404.294.2900 |
|Dekalb County Animal Control: |
| ||Animal Control ||404.294.2996 |
|Dekalb County Board of Health: |
| ||Dumpster Complaints ||404.294.3700 |
|Mosquito Control ||404.508.7871 |
Current Public Works Projects
Suggestions to improve this webpage? Submit to email@example.com