TITLE: Executive Administrative Assistant to the City Manager
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for providing administrative support to the City Manager, Mayor, and City Council in all areas, including communication, travel arrangements, meeting preparation, responding to the public, scheduling appointments, and all other special projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides administrative support to the City Manager, in the management of administrative operations.
• Composes correspondence and responds to general inquires on behalf of the City Manager.
• Answers phone and resolves calls as appropriate. In cases where the City Manager is required to return the call, provides back – up material to assist in handling the call.
• Works collaboratively with the Receptionist and assists with front desk activities as necessary.
• Cross-trained in performing all administrative support functions in Finance and Administrative Services.
• Keeps City Manager’s calendar. Determines which meetings or events require attendance and ensures that time efficiency is maximized.
• Prepares agendas and takes minutes at meetings when required. Creates presentations and/or reports as necessary.
• Screens all visitors in order to minimize interruptions.
• Performs general administrative duties including typing, filing, ordering office supplies, etc.
• Completes all special projects assigned and prepares reports in writing for the City Manager.
• Will be required to perform other administrative duties as requested, directed or assigned.
• Regular attendance and punctuality are essential requirements of the job.
• May attend meetings outside normal business hours.
• Processes confidential information as required.
Education and/or Experience
a) High School graduate.
b) Five (5) years of experience as an executive administrative assistant or executive secretary.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
a) Knowledge of municipal process and departmental functions.
b) Skills in time management and managing priorities.
c) Skills in typing of at least 50CWPM.
d) Skills in verbal and written communication.
e) Skills in developing routine correspondence.
f) Skills in operation of a computer and computer software to include MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint.
g) Skills in planning and organizing.
a) Able to maintain strict confidentiality.
b) Tact and Diplomacy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
• The employee is occasionally required to walk.
• Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically sits in an office.
• Some tasks require the employee to work in a court setting or in another administrative office setting.
To apply, please send resume as a Word or PDF document to email@example.com